WELCOME

Welcome my lovely readers!!! Please enjoy my ramblings. Best accompanied with a snack, but no drinks, because my hilariousness might cause spillage of said drink you should not have!! ENJOY(^^,)

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Hunger Games

Ok so the following post is all about the book and soon to be film named Hunger games!!! Its a really awesome book and I'm simple going the cut and paste a section from my diary for you to read. I was bored one day and started a diary during my first year of varsity and then I wrote about the AWESOME book I'm reading and due to lack of energy I'm just gone paste that days entry onto my blog!! "Please keep all hands and feet inside the ride at all times, as this is going to be a rolercoaster ride, people" (GOSH that was like beyond cheesy!!)

Right now I'm busy reading ‘Catching Fire’ by Suzanne Collins. It is the second book in the trilogy that is The Hunger Games. This is just so by the way my new favouritest book!!! There are three books, namely Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay. The movie is coming out in like March, so I'm impatiently waiting for that ness to come out!!! Let me just tell you about the book, just in case in the future; when people are presumably buying my ‘dairy of a rambling crazy girl’ like hotcakes and; this book has become old and no one has read it in like a bijillion years!!! It’s actually a very sad story; it’s about this girl who lives in one of the 12 districts of a new dictatorship-like government called the Capitol. She is a poor girl who sneaks into the woods to hunt for food for her family, a mother and younger sister. Every year there is a Hunger Games where the Capitol selects a boy and girl from each district to fight against and kill each other until only one remains. Now I'm not gona bore you with like details of everyone’s names and stuff but what essentially happens is that the girls sister gets chosen and she is like only 12 so she, Katniss, volunteers in her sisters place and then she is off to the games!!!  So the rest of the book is about how she survives and fights off the 23 other contestants in the games. She obviously wins, because there is 2 other books after the first one, so that was kind of a duh. But like the relationships she makes and stuff is what makes her journey to victory so interesting. This is where the sad part comes in cause she is basically a 18 year old girl (I think) who has to kill to survive. I'm only on the second book and I'm completely in love with the story. But let me stop talking about this AWESOME book!!! And go to the movie adaptation: Jennifer Lawrence, the girl from True Grit plays the lead role and then there’s the fact that two beyond HOT dudes are in the film (that doesn't hurt the, ‘must watch’ factor) Josh Huctherson (Journey to the Centre of the Earth dude) and Liam Hemsworth (Last Song dude). Ok so now I'm officially done talking about the movie and book.




No comments:

Post a Comment